Sunday, October 26 – Tuesday, October 28, 2014
*Registration Deadline – Friday, September 26, 2014
The Tufts University Chaplaincy is honored to be hosting the Annual Meeting of the Association for College and University Religious Affairs (ACURA) from Sunday, October 26 through Tuesday, October 28, 2014. ACURA is a national collegium of higher education chaplains and deans and directors of religious and spiritual life. It is an interfaith association that includes representatives of some 30 institutions and is open to all who are employed or appointed by universities and colleges to serve in these roles.
The meeting will start with dinner on October 26 and conclude after dinner on October 28. The theme of the conference will be “Borders, Frontiers, and Intersections in Higher Education Spiritual Life.” We will focus on emerging areas of our work including: the spiritual but not religious, active citizenship and global leadership for a changing world, Humanism, and theological education for diverse chaplaincies. We will also have an opportunity to explore some of the history and culture of the Boston area. It should be foliage season, which makes New England especially beautiful.
- New or Renewal Membership in ACURA – Become a new ACURA member or pay dues to renew
- 2014 Annual Meeting Schedule - Tentative and subject to change
- Register for 2014 ACURA Annual Meeting – October 26-28, 2014 – Registration deadline – Friday, September 26, 2014
- Conference Hotel with Reduced Rates and Free Breakfast, Internet, Fitness Center, and Parking
- Tufts University Parking and Directions
Please reach out to Program and Outreach Specialist, Zachary Cole, with any questions or concerns regarding ACURA membership and the 2014 Annual Meeting. Office Number – 617-627-0532